John W. Hedrick House
The historic John W. Hedrick House has stood at the corner of 5th and High Streets in Middletown since 1884 and has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1984 and has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1984. After the death of Hazel Hedrick, the home was purchased by Dr. Elmer Eichhorn as a gift for his loving wife, Vera. They resided in the house until their respective deaths, after which the house sat empty for several years.
John Rogers, formerly of Pendleton, Indiana, was shopping for a house and fell in love with the Hedrick home. He could see the grandeur peering out through years of disrepair. Through research at the Historical Society and interviews with Hedrick family members he has restored the “Queen of Middletown” to her former glory. Town folk smile with appreciation as they pass by and comment on how beautiful the home is. Thank you John Rogers for saving one of Middletown’s jewels.
Dr. Branc DeBruhl